Butler Technologies, Inc. has multiple processes for finishing materials to fit your specifications. Whether you require labels, membrane switches, gaskets, spacers, insulators, or printed electronic assemblies, BTI has the right process for the job.
BTI offers precision die cutting, cold and heated embossing using our Crest Clamshell die press.
- Tolerance on die cut features range from +/-0.010” on materials 0.020” thick or less to +/-0.015” for materials greater than 0.020” thick.
- Typical cut-to-print tolerance of +/-0.010” can be held depending on material thickness.
- Male-female combination embossing tools are used to produce pillow, rail and combination features on various plastic substrates.
BTI offers tight tolerance laser cutting using our multiple Zund cutting systems, and Trotec Speedy 360 laser table.
- Each Zund laser system uses CO2 laser source and features I-Cut vision system to accurately locate and cut finished parts.
- The Trotec Speedy 360 laser employs both CO2 and fiber laser sources to cut, etch and engrave a wide array of substrates.
- In general, laser cutting can produce finished cut features within +/-0.002” and cut-to-print tolerance of +/-0.005”.
- Laser cutting does not require hard or fixed tooling and is a great help in expediting the prototyping process.
Butler Technologies, Inc. has the equipment and expertise to handle your assembly needs. From lamination of adhesives, spacer materials and overlaminate films to surface mounting of LEDs and other SMD components, to installation of Berg and Nicomatic electrical connectors, we have what you need.
- BTI has laminating equipment to handle cold and heated lamination processes.
- LEDs and other SMD components are placed using our Quad IV pick and place machine.
- Conductive adhesives, staking adhesives and encapsulants are accurately applied using our Triple Dispense machine.
- Both semi-automatic and manual crimping equipment allow BTI to install BERG (2.54mm pitch) and Nicomatic (2.54mm and 1.27mm pitch) electrical connectors.
- Electrical testing of membrane switches and other printed electronic assemblies are handled using multiple Banair Darren and Dataswitch electrical testers.